By Ron Denholm, our trainer in Effective Business Writing, Report Writing and Minute taking.
If you’re like me, you’re using LinkedIn to make strong workplace connections, and you’ve probably spent hours creating your profile. But how efficient is it? That is, does the content have a high reader impact and is the language compelling to read. Remember, searchers hate scrolling too much! Having read thousands of profiles from business, academic and government connections, I find that many profiles are cut and pasted from resumes and roughly cobbled together.
So. here are a few hints we cover in our Efficient Business Writing workshop.
- Put your email address right after your name at the top of the page.
- Make sure your Summary is definitive and compelling with no wasted words.
- Put any Honours (they spell it’honors’) right after your Summary.
- Put your Recommendations next
- Place your Endorsements next.
That order is now a high reader impact. In our Efficient Business Writing workshop we’ll also show you how to make your text compelling and efficient. If that sounds enticing, let’s get a workshop happening at your workplace.
For further information about our Business Writing training Sydney, please visit http://www.jmdtraining.com.au/personal-development-training/business-writing-training.