It’s not me it’s you!
Here’s some tips for dealing with the trials and tribulations of working with difficult colleagues and clients.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. Pick which battles you really want to win. Sometimes it’s easier just to walk away with your head held high.
- Don’t dwell on things. Deal with it and move on.
- Talk things over with someone you trust and who will challenge your judgement. Your friends and family will always take your side and that’s not always good!
- Is it really the other person’s fault or do you need to take a step away and acknowledge your part in the miscommunication.
- Are you over reacting? Do you take everything personally even when the comment was well intentioned?
- Work on yourself and your own personal resilience and life and work will become so much easier and enjoyable.
- Accept that conflict is a natural process and will happen in the workplace from time to time.
- Learn some new techniques for dealing with difficult people and conflict and enter a state of confidence and calm.
Interested in finding out more? Have a look at our Dealing with Difficult People and Conflict Workshop provisional course outline which is full of interesting insights and practical tips to help you change your approach at work.