A healthy balance between work and home should be a priority for everyone. Implementing proper work-life balance offers many important benefits. There are, however, many hazards linked with an unbalanced work and home life.
- Poor health: Working long hours without taking time to relax will take its toll on health.
- Unresolved conflict: A lack of balance can create conflicts at work and at home.
- Poor performance: Taking on too much responsibility will lead to exhaustion and cause performance to suffer.
- Financial loss: The impact on health and productivity takes a financial toll on both individual employees and organizations.
- Fulfilment: People who successfully implement work life balance improve their sense of fulfilment at work and at home.
- Health: A healthy work life balance decreases the risk of heart disease and other health problems.
- Greater productivity: Being relaxed and well rested increases productivity and improves work performance.
- Stronger relationships: Personal and professional relationships are strengthened and conflicts are avoided when there is work life balance.
Find out more about our Achieving Greater Work-Life Balance Workshops.